North Carolina World Trade Association – Southeast chapter is dedicated to serving those with an interest in world commerce. Our mission is to promote growth of trade between North Carolina and the world by providing education and networking opportunities. NCWTA is an advocacy group for our region helping companies engaged in exporting, importing, and supporting global trade activities. We also help local companies new to international business.
Including Wilmington, Fayetteville, Pembroke, Cumberland, Sampson, Duplin, Onslow, Carteret, Jones, Craven, Pamlico, Beaufort, Hyde, Dare, Beaufort, Washington, Brunswick, Pender, Bladen, Columbus, Roberson, Hoke, Scotland, Richmond
WHO WE ARE
North Carolina World Trade Association – Southeast Chapter (NCWTA-Southeast) is one of several chapters associated together under the state association. North Carolina World Trade Association established in 1964 as a non-profit Corporation. The NCWTA Association establishes guidelines and governs all activities under their corporate umbrella.
The primary purpose of all the chapters associated with NCWTA is:
1. Promote international trade and a better understanding of its advantages from the export, import and investment point of view;
2. Serve as a medium for the interchange of information regarding relevant world trade matters supporting our members;
3. Generate a spirit of helpful cooperation among our members by promoting an interchange of information, experience, and opinions; on matters pertaining to world trade guided by the Board of Directors and membership.
4. Maintain liaison with government agencies and foreign trade promotion groups at home and abroad;
5. Review proposed legislation affecting the status of foreign trade and to develop policy positions in support of or in opposition to such legislation;
6. Contribute to the NC business community promoting cultural understanding in the global context.
Membership to our chapter is open to anyone with an interest in world trade and commerce. This includes but not limited to exporters, importers, attorneys, custom brokers, freight forwarders, ship lines, bankers, transportation service providers, students of international business, corporations involved in international trade, and looking to become involved in international trade.